To: All Members
Re: Re-Opening Member Guidelines and Expectations
Fr: John Ovanessian-President/Founder
As we slowly prepare to re-open our facilities during these challenging times, BX will unfortunately have to modify how we operate for the time being. We apologize upfront and kindly ask for your patience and understanding. The guidelines and expectations below will be strictly enforced for ALL of our safety. We want you to understand 100% that our goal is to KEEP the clubs open and NOT be forced to close again because of an unfortunate incident. Keeping the clubs clean and safe will NOT happen without your help. Please do YOUR part for your gym! We would really appreciate it.
- Limited hours to begin with (8a-9p M-F, 8a-5p Sat-Sun) for starters.
- Limited amount of members in the club at one time. We highly recommend you make an appt so you are guaranteed your time slot. If you don’t make an appt, you may not be able to work out if the club is full. Workout sessions will be for 1 hr 15 minutes! We have appt times starting at 8am and every 1 hr 30 minutes thereafter. We will clear out the club and let the next group in who will wait outside spaced appropriately. You can call in to make an appt or book your “next” appt while in the club. You will NOT be able to book multiple appts. Appts can only be booked for the next calendar day or the day of. You may NOT make 2 appts at different clubs for the same day. 1 workout per day at this time. Please be honest. We understand making an appt is not the most convenient thing, but we feel this will help everyone have a guaranteed workout time. We feel there will be plenty of timeslots and space for everyone to work out and feel safe.
- There will be a dedicated time for seniors (55 and up). This dedicated time will be at 11am. Seniors may come any time they want but 11am is dedicated for seniors ONLY.
- Everyone will be signing an updated liability release upon entry at your first workout. We highly recommend you arrive at least 30-45 minutes before your first workout to have the proper time to sign the liability release. This is only on your first workout.
- All members will have their temperature taken with NON Contact forehead thermometers and be required to hand sanitize before entry. We will not allow entry with a temp of 100 or more.
- Facemasks for members will be highly recommended! Please think of others! This is to keep everyone safe JUST IN CASE.
- All members must come dressed to work out. You may NOT change in the gym at this time.
- NO Gym Bags are allowed in the gym under any circumstances. DO NOT bring them.
- All members MUST have a workout towel! If you don’t have a towel, you will NOT be allowed in. Those that have towel services on their membership will have a towel provided. You may also bring your own.
- All entry for members is “No Touch”. You will scan in ONLY. You MUST have your bar code.
- 6’ “Social Distance” at ALL times. There will be NO spotters allowed in freeweight area. This includes family members or significant others. Don’t ask, we CAN NOT keep track. If you can’t safely lift what you put on the bar, DON’T try to!
- Staff will be monitoring “social distancing” strictly. Any member not respecting our guidelines will be asked to leave. Please DO NOT make this more difficult than it already is.
- ALWAYS sanitize equipment BEFORE & AFTER use!
- Extra cleaning stations/spray bottles/paper towels are in a centralized area in the gym.
- Wash hands after using equipment. There is plenty of hot water and soap.
- Guest privileges on memberships will be on hold at this time. No guests will be allowed. Members only.
- Kid Care, Tanning, Basketball courts, Aerobic classes, Personal Training & XGT will be closed for the time being.
- Locker Rooms and Showers will also be closed. Bathrooms and sinks are open.
- Please observe “DO NOT USE” signs on CARDIO, & STAY OFF equipment with caution tape on it! This is mandatory to help with the 6’ spacing!
- BX reserves the right to change or add to these rules at any time without notice.
All BX staff will wear masks and have their temperature taken at the beginning of their shift.
Front desk and sales areas all have plexi-glass shields protecting members and staff.
We will close earlier than normal to allow our janitorial crew and club staff extra time to clean the whole club thoroughly every night.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com only.
We will send another email on the opening date.
Here are the pertinent items I would like to address for clarity and peace of mind:
- Our limited hours will only be for roughly 1 week. We will expand the hours asap. We wanted to just do a soft opening to get it going.
- Group Exercise classes will probably start within 2 weeks or less after opening. Members will be spaced for safety.
- Were not comfortable opening child care at this time.
- As far as appointments go…you don’t have to make one. You are just taking the chance that the club is full if you choose to “walkin”.
- As far as the restriction on the amount of members in the club at one time, the limitation we have set is more than what is usually in the club most of the time based on our reports. We feel the only time that might be tough is between 5p-8p Mon-Thurs. Maybe not even because many people are still uncomfortable going out in public and will stay away. So, if you have flexibility on when you can come, avoid those hours.
- Facemasks are “recommended” only.
- There’s plenty of equipment available. The freeweight room is already spaced 6’ or more apart so 99% of the equipment is available. It’s up to you all to stay 6’ apart to help.
- If you want to freeze or cancel your membership, you will be allowed to do that online on our website when we re-open. You will have time. DO NOT send an email to do this now because we can’t do it as all the memberships are still frozen. We will not respond to this request through email moving forward.
- If you have a membership with services you can’t use, email us when we re-open and we will modify it for you to be fair.
- Please do not request any changes to your membership at this time.
- We will send you an additional email on when we will open and you will be able to call and make an appt the very next day after you receive that email.
In closing for now, please understand we are doing our very best under very difficult circumstances to open your gym. It’s NOT going to be perfect for anyone by any means but we are trying. We have all been inconvenienced in our daily lives the last few months but it could be worse. We are close…please hang in there and stick with us. It means a lot to us as we are a locally grown company with our gyms in Bako only and need your support, especially now!
Please HELP us STAY SAFE and be respectful to our safety guidelines! Please do your part to help keep YOUR gym open.
Here are a few questions we expect from you and the answers
Q: What are you doing with monthly dues billing now?
A: We have stopped and frozen all membership billing (that we had time to stop) until clubs are clear to reopen. If your monthly payment was in the banking process of being transmitted, it may have been too late to stop it. You will be credited on your next payment for this.
Q: Will we get notice when monthly billing starts again?
A: Yes you will. We will have updates on our website & member email.
Q: What if I was already billed?
A: You will be given prorated credit on your next payment when billing resumes for the days missed.
Q: What if I prepaid my monthly dues?
A: You will be given the amount of days missed added to your membership.
Q: Will my Personal Training or XGT payments also be frozen?
A: Yes they will.
Q: I would like to request a cancellation of my membership.
A: We are closed at this time due to Covid-19 and can not process a cancellation. But, ALL memberships are frozen and not being billed. You can request a cancellation on our website when we are open again.
Please visit our website and Facebook for up to date information.
It is our intention to make this difficult process as simple and painless as possible for everyone. With that said, we have thousands of members and mistakes can happen. Please don’t get angry, be patient and reach out to us and we will fix whatever issue there is.
If we missed something here, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as we can since the office will be closed.
Thank you for understanding and for sticking with us. We will all come back stronger than ever before.
Subscribe to our email newsletter for updates, news, and promotions.
As I mentioned in prior posts and emails, we have been in contact daily with the Kern County Health Dept.
At this time, we are following the directive to unfortunately close our clubs until further notice. All clubs will close today by 11am.
Please check our website, facebook, and your email for further updates and news.
ALL membership billing is being frozen ASAP at this time. We will send out further updates concerning billing ASAP. Please be patient and we will work though this.
We thank you very much for all the support and patience during this challenging time and look forward to seeing you all again in the gym ASAP! We love you all!
All Previous updates:
Until further notice, effective Wednesday March 18, 2020
Club Hours will be as follows:
Monday – Thursday: 6:00am – 8:00pm
Friday: 6:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday – Sunday*: 8:00am – 5:00pm
*Olive Dr Closed on Sunday – You may use any other Location
Kid Care is closed. Group X classes are canceled.
Due to continuing uncertainty, we will suspend allowing people on guests passes to use our Facilities.
Exceptions are VIP guests which are included in certain memberships.
We will not be allowing guest fees or passes during this time.
Anyone who has a 7 day pass, we will trade it in for a 2 week pass at a later date. We will contact everyone who had passes once we are able to have guests again.
We apologize we have do this at this time.
In our continuing effort to keep everyone as safe as possible regarding COVID-19 Body Xchange has decided to close our Kids Zone department as well as discontinue all Group X classes at this time beginning 3-17-2020.
We are keeping a close eye on any and all updates from the Center for Disease Control as well as the local Public Health Department. As changes are communicated from those departments we will get updates out to all of your members as quickly as we can.
Attention all of our loyal members, guests and friends:
We are in unprecedented times with everything that is going on with the Coronavirus challenge and our mission at BX is to continue providing a clean and safe place that you can come as much as you need to workout and relieve some stress we all undoubtedly have.
With that said, we have posted many items we are doing daily to keep our gyms as clean as possible with YOUR help and we will continue to monitor the situation daily and modify as needed. This is in regard to the 6’ social distance recommendation. BX is putting signs on every OTHER cardio piece that say “DO NOT USE”. If we do this, we will be close to the 6’ zone. We probably can’t do it on all the weight machines but I think it’s very doable on cardio and my opinion is that it’s a positive thing and helpful for everyone. Obviously it would cut in half the available cardio you can use.
Thank you everyone. This will all come to an end soon but let’s stay strong during this challenging time and work together.
What Body Xchange is doing in regards to the Coronavirus
- Adding hand sanitizer to the front desk at all locations
- Increased cleaning hours to our cleaning schedule already in place
- Enhancing our cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting procedures
Members will need to use the hand sanitizer at the front desk upon entry to the club each time. They will need to continue to wash their hands with soap and water in the locker rooms during their stay.
Please use the cleaning stations provided to wipe down the equipment you use before and after you use it. Especially the handles. Please remember that if YOU don’t do your part, we are all more vulnerable.
We are monitoring new developments so that we can quickly adapt and continue to provide the best service possible to our members.
BX Health Clubs